Morgan Wallen has canceled six weeks of shows.
Wallen shared a video to his Instagram account on Tuesday explaining he got “bad news” from his doctor. After taking 10 days of vocal rest and then performing three shows, he has re-injured his vocal cords.
The country music star was told he has vocal fold trauma and needs to take six weeks of vocal rest. “So, that’s what I’m going to do.”
He has also been advised by doctors not to talk at all.
“We’re working on rescheduling all the dates during this time frame,” he explained.
“They told me that if I do this the right way, I’ll get back to 100%.” He was told if he “keeps singing,” he could “permanently damage” his voice.
“I hate it, but I love you guys,” Wallen told his fans. “And I appreciate all the support you always give me.”
The news comes after Wallen previously angered fans by canceling a show after the opening act and just minutes before he was set to take the stage. Wallen was set to perform at Ole Miss stadium on April 23. The singer shared a statement to his Instagram revealing he had lost his voice and was unable to sing.
“After last night’s show I started losing my voice so I spent the day resting up, talking to my doctor and working through my vocal exercises trying to get better,” he explained at the time. “I really thought I’d be able to take the stage and it kills me to deliver this so close to showtime, but my voice is shot and I am unable to sing.”
Read the full story here.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.