• About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • News Tip
  • Editorial Standards
  • Core Values
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Moderation Policy
  • Affiliate Disclosure
Resist the Mainstream
No Result
View All Result
STORE
  • Politics
  • US
  • Media Watch
  • World
  • Story of Hope
  • Opinion
    • Cartoons
NEWSLETTER
  • Politics
  • US
  • Media Watch
  • World
  • Story of Hope
  • Opinion
    • Cartoons
No Result
View All Result
Resist the Mainstream
No Result
View All Result

CNN’s Dana Bash Claims Second Would-be Assassin’s ‘Anti-Trump Posts’ Have ‘Nothing to do With’ Current Admin

Jordyn M. by Jordyn M.
September 17, 2024
in Media Watch
0

In a recent development surrounding Donald Trump’s second assassination attempt, CNN’s Dana Bash provided a clear rebuttal to the former president’s claims regarding the involvement of Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden. 

The internet, however, has its counter arguments for Bash; with one of the biggest examples of the shooter’s adherence to the Democrat party being a Trump-Harris bumper sticker found on a truck he used.

That's an Interesting bumper sticker on Ryan Wesley Routh's truck. pic.twitter.com/BBnJgIvq5X

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) September 16, 2024

🚨President Trump just dropped the RECEIPTS on every single Democrat who has contributed to the hateful rhetoric against him which led to two assassination attempts pic.twitter.com/QEn2wZ7Lvs

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) September 16, 2024

During a Monday interview on “CNN Newsroom with Wolf Blitzer,” Bash addressed the former president’s accusations that Harris and Biden’s rhetoric was influencing threats against him.

Dana Bash (still reeling from her interview with future VP JD Vance yesterday)

Goes as far as to say Biden / Harris and their dangerous anti-Trump rhetoric have nothing to do with the attempted assassination of President Trump yesterday.

DISGUSTING pic.twitter.com/4nHq2l6AQ9

— MAGA War Room (@MAGAIncWarRoom) September 16, 2024

Trump, in a Fox News Digital interview earlier in the day, suggested that Harris and Biden’s statements might be fueling attacks on his life; a claim he has said before, perhaps most notably during his presidential debate against the VP.

Donald Trump called it at the debate: “I probably took a bullet to the head because of the things that they say about me. They talk about democracy. I'm a threat to democracy. They're the threat to democracy with the fake Russia-Russia-Russia investigation that went nowhere.” pic.twitter.com/HIjBaPb32i

— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) September 16, 2024

This assertion followed the second attempt on his life, which occurred on Sunday while he was golfing at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida. 

LATEST STORIES

Jimmy Kimmel Shares Disgusting Conspiracy Theory About Why Melania Trump is Distant from Her Husband, Jokes She Ran Off With Mitch McConnell

Jimmy Kimmel Shares Disgusting Conspiracy Theory About Why Melania Trump is Distant from Her Husband, Jokes She Ran Off With Mitch McConnell

August 18, 2026
CNN: Newsom Investigation Began With Sacramento Prosecutors After Whistleblower Tip

CNN: Newsom Investigation Began With Sacramento Prosecutors After Whistleblower Tip

June 17, 2026

A Secret Service agent fired shots at an individual armed with a semi-automatic rifle, identified as Ryan Wesley Routh.

Bash countered Trump’s allegations by emphasizing that both Harris and Biden had publicly expressed their relief and gratitude that Trump was unharmed. 

“Well, everything is political right now. Look, they have each separately, even President Biden today when he came out and spoke to reporters on his way out to the helicopter, said that he is very glad that the Secret Service was able to do their job, that he’s very glad that former President Trump wasn’t hurt,” Bash stated. 

“And Kamala Harris said the same thing. Everything is politicized in this environment. So it’s not surprising that that is what he said.”

LITERALLY YESTERDAY, leftist CNN hack Dana Bash blamed Trump and Vance for the 33 “b*mb threats” in Springfield, Ohio

Now Gov. DeWine is admitting the threats were hoaxes and came from “overseas”

Once again, you don’t hate the media enough. https://t.co/P42Hfsl3ve pic.twitter.com/G8zCPvOwRl

— Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) September 16, 2024

Bash further clarified that there is no factual basis connecting Biden and Harris to the suspect’s actions. 

“There’s absolutely, again, no basis in fact, that they were behind this at all,” Bash said. 

She added that the suspect, who is in his mid-to-late 50s and had shown interest in serving in Ukraine, had expressed anti-Trump sentiments in his social media posts. 

Bash asserted that these posts, including one that echoed the claim “democracy is on the ballot,” had no direct link to the current administration, however.

Ryan Routh believed that “DEMOCRACY is on the ballot.”

I’ve heard that somewhere before.
But, I can’t quite put my finger on it… pic.twitter.com/RakdElg5ey

— ZNO 🇺🇸 (@therealZNO) September 15, 2024

Despite his anti-Trump rhetoric, ABC News reported that records show that Routh had previously contributed to Democratic campaigns while living in Hawaii but did not make donations to Biden or Harris specifically. 

CNN outlined that Routh’s past support for Trump in 2016 was marked by a critical shift in his views by June 2020, where he expressed disappointment in the former president’s performance.

As the investigation continues, Bash’s comments underscore a critical perspective that the current political climate, marked by heightened tensions and political rhetoric, may be amplifying the focus on individuals like Routh without establishing a direct connection to Biden or Harris.

Continue Scrolling for the Comments

LATEST NEWS AND POLITICS

Top Fauci Aide Pleads Guilty to Concealing Government Records About COVID Research Grants and the Pandemic’s Origins
Politics

Top Fauci Aide Pleads Guilty to Concealing Government Records About COVID Research Grants and the Pandemic’s Origins

by Anthony Gonzalez
August 19, 2026
Trump Treasury Secretary’s Would-Be Assassin Sentenced to More Than Six Years in Prison
Politics

Trump Treasury Secretary’s Would-Be Assassin Sentenced to More Than Six Years in Prison

by Anthony Gonzalez
August 19, 2026

© 2025 Resist the Mainstream

No Result
View All Result
  • Store
  • Newsletter
  • Politics
  • US
  • Media Watch
  • World
  • Story of Hope
  • Opinion
    • Cartoons
  • About
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • News Tip
  • Editorial Standards
  • Core Values
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Moderation Policy
  • Affiliate Disclosure

© 2026 Resist the Mainstream