Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk on Friday published a Twitter poll asking whether he should reinstate former President Donald Trump’s account.
The poll had received more than 3 million votes from Twitter users only two hours after it was published.
At 11PM EST on November 19, 55.6% of the voters said ‘Yes’, while the other 44.4% said ‘No.’
Musk added a second tweet with the Latin phrase, “Vox Populi, Vox Dei,” which means the voice of the people is the voice of God.
As of the time of publishing, 57% said that Musk should reinstate Trump, while 43% said he should not reinstate Trump.
Twitter suspended Trump’s account during the rioting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 in 2021 after saying he had violated its “civic integrity” policies. Later it permanently suspended him from the platform, and other social media sites did the same. The former president has since joined other alternative social media platforms, including Truth Social, which is run by former Republican congressman Devin Nunes.
Trump had nearly 90 million followers on Twitter before he was banned. He has about 4.5 million followers on Truth Social. He has also said that Twitter did him a favor by suspending him and promised never to return to Twitter because it was boring.
Read the full story here.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.