The family of actor Tom Sizemore has been informed that there is no hope the 61-year-old actor will recover from a brain aneurysm suffered after a stroke earlier this month.
Sizemore’s manager, Charles Lago, issued a statement on Monday, saying that doctors had given the family the bad news earlier that day and that they would make a further statement on Wednesday, according to Deadline.
“In the early hours of Saturday, February 18, 2023, Tom Sizemore collapsed at his Los Angeles home and was transported to a hospital by paramedics. He was found to be suffering from a brain aneurism that occurred as a result of a stroke,” he said.
“Since that day, Tom has remained in critical condition, in a coma and in intensive care,” Lago continued. “Today, doctors informed his family that there is no further hope and have recommended end of life decision. The family is now deciding end of life matters and a further statement will be issued on Wednesday.”
“We are asking for privacy for his family during this difficult time and they wish to thank everyone for the hundreds of messages of support, and prayers that have been received. This has been a difficult time for them,” the statement concluded.
Sizemore began his acting career in earnest in 1989 when he appeared in “Born on the Fourth of July” and the TV series “China Beach.”
He had supporting parts in “True Romance,” “Natural Born Killers” and “Heat” in the 1990s, but earned fame after taking on the role of Sgt. Mike Horvath in 1998’s “Saving Private Ryan.”
Sizemore went on to be featured in dozens of other projects, including the films “Pearl Harbor” and “Black Hawk Down” and the video game “Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.”
In a 2022 interview posted on Decider, he talked about the making of “Saving Private Ryan.”
“As good as the movie was, the experience was just as good. It was just a great experience,” the actor said. “We worked … I think it was 58 days of principal photography, and we had a boot camp before that and a two-week rehearsal period, so it was five weeks prior to the movie. And we’re all together, shooting in Ireland and outside of London. It’s Steven Spielberg and Tom [Hanks], who I thought was in his prime peak as an actor and physically as well. It was a terrific experience.”
He added, “The only bad thing was that it was the summer that Princess Diana died, right at the end of production. She had actually been to the set to visit a few weeks before that. She was luminous. Just wondrous.”
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.