A Los Angeles homeowner who used a firearm to fend off apparent would-be robbers at his home said his concealed carry permit was taken away just days after the residential-neighborhood shoot-out.
“After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],” L.A. resident and married father of one Vince Ricci said in a video for the NRA that was exclusively shared with Fox News Digital.
Ricci told Fox News Digital that the sheriff’s office called him Thursday morning to inform him his concealed carry permit was “revoked,” and he said it was due to him “yelling” at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident. Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out “sloppy police” work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.
A gunfight broke out on Ricci’s front door on Nov. 4 just after the homeowner returned to his gated Los Angeles house after hitting the gym. Two armed men jumped his fence and tried to force their way in the house as Ricci was about to unlock his front door. Ricci’s wife, 5-month-old daughter and the family’s nanny were inside.
Obtaining a concealed carry permit in California has historically been difficult compared to other states, with Ricci previously telling Fox News Digital it took months for his permit to process.
Ricci, however, used his firearm on his private property. California law allows legal U.S. residents over the age of 18 to carry firearms on private property and residences without a permit or license.
Ricci said in the NRA video that the shooting is a clear self-defense case, noting he was confronted by two men “pointing guns at my chest” as he tried to make his way into the home.
“My situation is unique because it happened at my front door, all on camera. But this happens time and time again all over the country … People sweep it under the rug because it doesn’t behoove their political agenda. The fact is, evil will always exist,” he said.
In an interview with Fox News Digital last week, Ricci said that this wasn’t the first time he’s been targeted by criminals. His home was broken into in June, and his car was broken into just months before that. He said a group of criminals were targeting other homes in his neighborhood, that they were driving a Dodge Charger with no license plate and had broken into his neighbor’s house the night prior to the shoot-out.
The NRA told Fox News Digital the organization is “proud to have Vince as a fellow NRA member” and called the revocation of his CCW “reprehensible.”
“His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day,” NRA spokesperson Billy McLaughlin said in a statement.
In his comments to the NRA, Ricci compared Los Angeles to a “war zone” while pinning blame on left-wing local leaders whom he says have failed to carry out the full extent of the law on violent criminals.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.