Former President Donald Trump vigorously refutes reports that he inappropriately shared sensitive information kept at his Mar-a-Lago estate.
Claims that Trump shared classified information with a wealthy businessman were reportedly leaked by New York prosecutor Jack Smith.
The story was picked up by The New York Times.
Referring to conversations with Anthony Pratt, an Australian financier, Trump said: “I never spoke … about Submarines, but I did speak to him about creating jobs in Ohio and Pennsylvania because that’s what I’m all about.”
Trump posted on his Truth Social platform: “The Failing New York Times story, leaked by Deranged Jack Smith and the Biden ‘Political Opponent Abuser’ DOJ, about a red haired weirdo from Australia, named Anthony Pratt, is Fake News.”
Earlier this month, ABC reported that Trump allegedly spoke about sensitive nuclear submarine information with a wealthy member of the Mar-a-Lago club. The report claimed that the man then shared the classified information with dozens of people.
On Sunday, The New York Times and “60 Minutes Australia” reported that Special Counsel Jack Smith interviewed Pratt regarding Trump sharing classified information.
Pratt, a Trump campaign supporter is now a potential witness. Smith’s office reportedly claims that during interviews, Pratt claimed Trump shared details about his phone calls with world leaders and sensitive information regarding nuclear submarines.
A spokesperson for President Trump told The Epoch Times no one from The New York Times reached out to him for comment and complained that their article “lack proper context.”
On Truth Social, Trump denied he shared classified information with Pratt:
“I never spoke to him about Submarines, but I did speak to him about creating jobs in Ohio and Pennsylvania because that’s what I’m all about – JOBS, A GREAT ECONOMY, LOW TAXES, NO INFLATION, ENERGY DOMINANCE, STRONG BORDERS, NO ENDLESS WARS, LOW INTEREST RATES, and much more!”
The historic case against former President Trump will go to trial in May 2024. Initial requests to push the trial back until after the presidential elections have been denied.
On Truth Social, Trump announced he was seeking a change of venue for one of the two cases Smith is prosecuting. The former president wrote:
“Washington (D.C.) has become a dirty, crime-ridden death trap, that must be taken over and properly run by the Federal Government. It is, and will be, part of my Election Platform. We will clean it, renovate and rebuild it – and, most importantly, MAKE IT SAFE.”
Trump added: “Right now it is probably the most unsafe capital city anywhere in the World. With this in mind, there is NO WAY I can get a fair trial on a Biden, Election Interference Indictment, in D.C. Obviously, at the appropriate time, if this ridiculous case should be allowed to proceed forward, which is, according to legal scholars, very doubtful, I will be making a demand for a Venue Change!”
Trump has also requested that Judge Tanya Chutkan step down from the case, claiming she is biased against him — evidenced by her remarks regarding sentencing others charged with crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol breach event. Chutkan declined to do so.
After Trump criticized her decision and perceived political bias in the case, Chutkan issued a gag order to prevent Trump from speaking out against Smith regarding the case.
The gag order has been temporarily lifted while Trump’s legal team appeals the order.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.