A retired immigrant who runs a blog about the secret Nevada military site colloquially called “Area 51” spoke Friday with Fox News personality Tucker Carlson.
Joerg Arnu explained to Calrson he has run the website dreamlandresort.com, focused on Area 51, since 1999 without apparent issue. He and his girlfriend had their lives upended last November when armed FBI and Air Force counterintelligence agents broke down the doors of their residence and hustled them outside while searching their homes.
Arnu claims the raiding agents broke three doors, damaged a country gate was damaged and confiscated personal property. He submitted a request for the cost of repairing his damaged property, which he said was about $25,000, but was quickly denied. The Area 51 blogger added he has since spent almost $6,000 in legal fees trying to get answers from the government.
“I can’t get ahold of anyone,” Arnu exclaimed. “Three doors were kicked in. A country gate was busted. My girlfriend was dragged out of the house in Las Vegas. I was dragged out of the house in Rachel. And nobody can give us any answers.”
The retiree’s pleas requesting a legal basis for the raid have gone unanswered by the the U.S. Justice Department, Arnu said.
“I published photos of Area 51 on my website, which is something I have done for 20 years without anyone really taking issue with it,” the befuddled immigrant commented. “And all of a sudden, this thing comes out of the blue crashing down on my homes. I really still don’t have an explanation.”
Carslon asked Arnu if he has been charged with a crime since the November raids of his property. The Area 51 expert told the Fox host he has not. He claims he hears only crickets after communicating with DOJ officials.
The Fox host noted Arnu is an immigrant and questioned if he ever imagined U.S. law enforcement acting like that against him.
“Absolutely not,” Arnu declared, adding, “I would have never expected this.”
“If you would have told me three months ago that this could happen, I would have said absolutely impossible,” the blogger continued. “I am really shocked that this can happen to a cooperating, innocent senior citizen who is really just wanting a peaceful retirement and who has a little hobby on the side to run a blog about Area 51.”
He stressed that fans of his site are captivated by the possibility of UFOs and advances in aviation that reportedly get tested at the secret desert site. Arnu denied any intent at finding or revealing U.S. military secrets, claiming there is no contact with Russians or Chinese agents by anyone in his group. The blog, he noted, describes to new tourists where they are allowed to visit and where they are forbidden to enter.
So in fact, I’m trying to kind of help the government keep the loonies out of there,” he said.
He repeated his claim that FBI officials have ignored his attempts to communicate other than their rapid denial of his claim for reimbursement last year.
“I have actually hired a lawyer who, you know, similarly cannot get a hold of anyone at the FBI,” Arnu informed Carslon. “The only reaction I got was when I filed to be reimbursed for the damages to my homes. I very quickly got denied. That was all I got. And I would like to get my property back, $25,000 in damages and my property that was seized.”
Arnu added he has a link on his website to a GoFundMe campaign designed to cover the cost of repairing property damaged by federal agents during the November raid.
“I’m not an attorney but I don’t think the FBI is allowed to trash your house and steal things from you without charging you with a crime,” Carslon commented.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.