Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden finally took a real question from a reporter on Wednesday—after largely avoiding questions from reporters for quite some time—and it didn’t go well.
Fox News reporter Peter Doocy managed to get in a question at the end of an event where Biden spoke, and asked the 77-year-old about past comments that he made about the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent actions that he took.
“You said that you warned President Trump in January that there was going to be a pandemic and what needed to be done,” Doocy said. “If you knew that, then why were you still hosting crowded campaign rallies in March?”
Biden struggled to give a coherent response as he repeatedly made false claims, like suggesting that he was the first person to call for using the Defense Production Act.
Biden has repeatedly tried to falsely claim that he was the first to call for numerous actions to be taken in response to the coronavirus pandemic when, in reality, President Donald Trump had already taken action on those issues.
The Daily Wire highlighted 7 such examples:
- Biden called for coronavirus tests to be free 9 days after Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Biden called for coronavirus testing to be available nationwide 12 days after Trump announced that testing was available in all 50 states.
- Biden called for “cooperation” between the federal government and the states after numerous Democrat governors praised Trump for his work with them.
- Biden announced support for barring entry into the U.S. for individuals who had been to China 2 months after Trump announced a travel ban on China.
- Biden called for a CDC team to go into China 50 days after the Trump administration took action.
- Biden claimed that he called for the Defense Production Act to be used “before anyone,” which came shortly after Trump announced plans to use it.
- Biden called for someone to be put in charge of handling the coronavirus response 5 weeks after Trump tapped Vice President Mike Pence to lead the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
On social media, Biden was widely accused of attempting to deflect from having to answer the question because Biden reportedly held eight rallies in March while Trump only held one, and nearly all of Biden’s rallies happened after Trump’s rally.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.